- All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
- Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of a kind, such as race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it is independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
- Everyone has the right to life, liberty and the security of person.
- No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.
- No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
- Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.
- All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.
- Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.
- No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
- Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him
Implementation – December 2013
Review and Updating
This policy will be reviewed and updated on an annual basis by an executive of Cambridge. The Cambridge Executive Committee will receive an annual report on this policy and the company’s performance.
Our commitment to Employee Human Rights is a cornerstone of our company. Cambridge maintains the highest standards in the treatment of its workforce.
We track compliance to our policies in a number of ways.
- Ensure all employees are eligible to work in the U.S. by providing proper documentation (I-9, Birth Certificate) (100%)
- Audit “Employee Assistance Program” to ensure all employees are receiving help if needed (100%)
- Track employee hours to ensure no employee is working excessive hours (100%)
- Audit of Employee Grievance Process (100%)
- Audit of entire company staff to ensure Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws are being followed (100%)
Results are tabulated and reviewed on an annual basis by the Cambridge Management Team and reported to the Executive Committee.